What is Responsive Website Design
Responsive website design is a modern approach to web design which makes websites look great on a variety of devices or screen sizes. The website adapts to the screen size of the device, providing a great user experience on any device.
Meaning that your customers will not have to squeeze or resize your website on mobile or tablet devices to view the information on your site clearly. Immediately improving the experience of your website and brand association.
67% of people are more likely to buy a product from a website that is mobile friendly.
Responsive websites respond to their environment and adapt to the screen size
“Day by day, the number of devices, platforms, and browsers that need to work with your site grows. Responsive web design represents a fundamental shift in how we’ll build websites for the decade to come.”Jeffrey Veen
Why is responsive web design better than mobile web design
Before responsive web design, businesses would often create a completely separate website for mobile phones. With responsive sites, there is no need to do this which reduces the development costs.
Responsive websites load faster than mobile websites, providing a better user experience.
It takes fewer resources to maintain and update a single responsive site than a separate mobile and desktop site.
Google has reported that 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. So if your website is taking more than 3 seconds to load on your phone, chances are that you are missing a great opportunity.
Responsive web design advantages
- Responsive web design has become more important as the amount of mobile traffic on the internet now accounts for more than half of the total traffic.
- In 2015, Google Announced Mobilegeddon, stating that it would start to boost the ratings of sites that were mobile friendly if the searcher was using a mobile device.
- If your website is not mobile friendly, then it will not be easily viewed by 38 million smartphone users in the UK, you could be missing out on a great opportunity.
Google’s Research into mobile phone usage
- 60% of people will not stay on your site if it is not mobile friendly.
- 67% of people are more likely to buy a product to use a service from a website that is mobile friendly.
- Google ranks mobile-friendly websites above non-mobile sites.
Responsive Website Development
There are many benefits to adopting a responsive website, helping a website deliver on its key objectives; ease of use, visible content, SEO friendly and optimised for conversion.
One of the main benefits of a responsive website is that they allow you to deliver different usability mechanisms to visitors, for example on a large desktop monitor we could display stunning parallax photography with a mega menu, whilst displaying a mobile menu with a resized photo on a mobile phone.
With responsive development, you can ensure that no content is compromised on any device. Providing your website visitors with all the information they need about your business.
No compromise in quality from desktop to mobile.
How we deliver responsive websites
Before every website build is signed off we test the design on select browsers and devices to ensure a great user experience.
Reasons to choose Creative Asset
Our designers and developers have years of experience working with businesses of all sizes. We are passionate about getting things done right, helping your business grow online. Providing you with a great return on investment.
- Professional Design that looks great on any device
- Help you customers easily find the information they want about your business.
- Easily interface to update the content on your website.
- Secure & reliable
- Improved online presence
- Great tech support and after sales care.
- Expert WordPress agency
Secure & Reliable
All our come with a SSL Security certificate as standard, plus cloud website back-ups.
Ongoing tech support
We’re able to consult with your team to provide tech help or marketing advice. Offer expert solutions to problems, your business may be facing.
SEO & Online Marketing
Boost sales and generate more leads with our expert SEO and PPC campaigns.
Copywriting & Content
We can help you develop compelling SEO-rich copy that helps convert your website visitors.